These proposed rule changes will be voted on at the County Convention.
Note from Gary:
“I have found some redundancies in my suggestions (no one else offered any) for rule changes. Some of them might be covered already in the rules. I’ll verify pre-convention. Also, the resolutions are not in the “whereas” form requested (demanded?) by the state. I’ll clean that up on the ones that pass muster April 6.”
1. Democratic Party business is the concern of Democrats. Therefore, voting in Democratic Primaries shall be restricted to voters registered as Democrats.
2. Whereas the consolidation of power in too few hands is always undemocratic and dangerous, the offices of state chair and executive director of the Oklahoma Democratic Party shall not be held by the same person. Both positions require full-time attention. It is absurd for Democrats to have leaders who answer only to themselves.
3. State Conventions of the Oklahoma Democratic Party will be held in Oklahoma City, the state’s capital and a centralized location.
4. In order to assure maximum delegate representation, precisely at 1:15 p.m. on the official opening Saturday of the Democratic State Convention, the delegates will begin considering and voting on officers for the coming year. Any debates, speechifying or entertainment taking place at that time will be suspended until the voting has been completed.
5. The Oklahoma Democratic Party State Chair will post monthly reports on party actions, policy matters and general concerns on the state party website.
6. The Oklahoma Democratic Party State Executive Director will post monthly reports on party actions, policy matters and general concerns on the state party website.
7. Any county party which holds its precinct conventions jointly in the same location at the same time may convene its county convention at the close of precinct business.
8. The Oklahoma State Party Secretary shall post the minutes of meetings of the Executive Council within four (4) days of such meetings.